1. We ensure we have the correct replacement tile. The most common tile types are concrete and terracotta. We do ensure it is the same type of tile/weight/colour, or it may result in extra damage to the roof structure.
2. Once we have safely removed to the broken tile, we need lift and reset the tiles that overlap the one repaired.
3. We only use the correct tools (to lift up the tiles) and check the quality of the baton.
4. We make sure that the placement (overlapping tiles) is in the correct position.
5. We ensure the tile is securely in place.
6. Have a quick check across the roof while you're there to survey any other potential damage.
We will replace any cracked tiles and asses the roof to see if there is any other safety issues.
Cracked tiles can be a very severe safety issue as tiles in general are heavy and you don't want to be near the roof if one falls off. Or one falling onto your vehicles, if they are parked near the roof.
Do you just want a new roof entirely?
It is possible to repair and replace roof tiles, however, if there is extensive damage to your roof it may need a complete new roof or re-roof (as its often called).
Should your roof require a complete overhaul, we will remove the tiles, batons and membrane and replace with new.
Sometimes the tiles can be used again, replacing any damaged ones of course.
Replacing a roof is a professional job and should be undertaken with care.
Any queries then please do give us a call.
IN NEED OF A RE-ROOF?
Before a new roof is installed.